The values of the Finnish Museum of Photography
- We enable and develop discourses on photography and photographic art.
- We are passionate about making the voices of our employees, audiences, and collaborators heard.
- We create space for dialogue and we are open to all feedback and critique. We understand open conversation and transparency to be part of the very bedrock of the museum community.
- We develop our guidelines and synergize our working environment through constructive communication.
- We are a creative community with a desire to inspire future art. Innovations and new approaches are important to us, and our vision is directed with professionalism and open-minded dialogue.
- We actively take part in public social discourse.
- We want to help the museum industry thrive.
- We are proactive in seeking ecological solutions to solving industry-wide challenges and the global climate crisis.
- To us, responsibility means vouchsafing cultural heritage, making it accessible and utilizing cultural artefacts with care.
- We support and develop equitable work practices and contract policies in the art world generally as well in the museum business, as in our own working community.
- We take responsibility for the accessibility of the museum for the benefit of all.
- We are committed to promoting social justice.
- We see the world(s) of photography as an actively morphing force, the historical and contemporary understanding of which are at the core of the museum enterprise.
- Professional specialization to us means boldly learning and standing up for information for the benefit of the whole community.
- We develop our own expertise with long-term goals. We are daring and critical.
- We support and respect the expertise of other organisations and week ways to collaborate on deepening our collective know-how.