Welcome to the museum, safely
The Finnish Museum of Photography reopened on June 10, with the launch of the new summer exhibitions. In accordance with guidelines issued by the Finnish government and the National Institute for Health and Welfare in Finland (THL), we have increased measures to ensure visitor safety. Read on to find out what measures have been introduced at the museum in order to make your visit as safe and pleasant as possible.
GENERAL SAFETY GUIDELINES
- We recommend using a mask in the museum
- Please only visit the museum if you are healthy. If you are experiencing symptoms of an illness or if someone in your household is ill, please postpone your visit.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly with soap. We recommend you wash your hands in the restrooms adjacent to the museum lobby at the very least before entering the museum and when leaving.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 1–2 meters to other museum visitors and staff.
- There is hand sanitizer available in the lobby.
- Please maintain general hygiene practices. If you need to cough, please cover your mouth either with your sleeve or a tissue and then put the tissue into a trash can.
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic our maximum group size has been restricted to 10 persons. We can have up to 2 groups at a time in the exhibition space.
AT THE COUNTER AND IN THE LOBBY
- Please pay by card and use contactless payment, if possible.
- Present your Museum Card at the card reader or check in your Museum Card using the new Museum Card app and the QR code displayed in the lobby. You can download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- The lockers in the lobby are in use but the keys are now kept at the admissions counter. The key chains are disinfected after each use.
VISITING THE EXHIBITION
- We have enhanced our cleaning practices.
- All exhibition handouts are also available online and links to the texts can be found in the exhibition space. You can access these more comprehensive texts on your mobile phone during your visit.
GUIDED TOURS AND EVENTS
- There are no scheduled tours, open tours, workshops or events in June or July.