Guess image aims to introduce the museum’s open, free-to-use, digital photographic materials in the form of a game.
You will learn
- how to describe the contents of photographs
- how museums catalogue their works
- how to view, analyse and interpret a variety of photographs
- what the role of photography is as a means of acquiring information
Freely usable images
The images are licensed under the CC0 1.0 licence. This means that the images may be used for any purpose, including commercially, while minding privacy laws. This means that you can:
- copy and distribute the images in any media or format
- modify – remix and edit – the images, and create new materials based on them.
A small request
All 577 photographs come from the collections of the Finnish Museum of Photography. We would like the name of the photographer and the source of the photograph to be mentioned whenever an image is used.
The images can also be found on Flickr.
Guess image is part of the Interpretations and information – learning paths with open materials project, realised by the Finnish Museum of Photography between 2016 and 2018. The innovative national project is funded by the National Board of Antiquities, and a part of the Our Common Heritage project, which celebrates the centenary of Finnish independence.